Перейти к содержимому
Калькуляторы
Vdd goes to AP-s power or i use some battery? I looked on web and found it goes +5v external (i think).

Those capacitors, are they electrolit or "normal"?

I saw some pictures, 1120 ovislink has jp2 connector inside with 6 pins, 2-Tx , 3-Rx. On 5460 i see only 4, labeled not JP2, but J4. Which one is Tx and Rx here?

EDIT: I found some data, J4 1-2-3-4 stands for none-Tx-Rx-GND

I am goin tomorrow to buy ic, after this questions above answered i will try to connect.

Power you can get from AP.

capacitors electrolit

on 4-pin connector by tester find power, find 'ground', other pins == tx and rx. I don't remember, which pins is tx and rx, but this you can find experimentally - nothing not break.

Поделиться сообщением

Игорь (Украина),

Игорь, прошивка без документации это просто прелесть :) прошил 1120 - затребовали username/password которых ментальным образом установить не удалось :)

дайте ссылку на документацию или раскройте секрет пароля :)

Поделиться сообщением

если прошивка поляцкая, то там обычно admin/admin или admin без пароля.

Вообще-то стоит немного почитать инфу на том сайе, откуда качается прошивка перед тем, как заливать ее в АП, дабы не произошел несчатсный случай, который был в прошлом году на одном уважаемомо форуме по проблемам спутникового телевидения и декодирования "виаксесс".

Там выложили "шаровую прошивку" под НТВ+, и все, кто ее себе залил, распрощались с НТВ-шными карточками навсегда. Пришлось новые покупать.

Поэтому, призываю всех, внимательно читайте мануал на прошивку[b/], прежде чем ее залить, если нет мануала, то и не заливайте. Железо восстанавливать дороже.

Поделиться сообщением

No luck.

I just connected everithing, and it does not works. Hyperterminal connects to com1 , but nothing on screen. Hyperterminal connects even if there is nothing connected to com ports so i cant tell if anythings is working.

Anyone done this procedure before? Can u give me some tips please?

From J4 i used 2-Rx , 3-Tx and 5-gnd.

As Vdd i used +5v from pc.

Поделиться сообщением

if nothing on terminal's screen, then you made wrong connect to AP. try 2 tx and 3 Rx. Please, read polish forum, there are many interesting :)

Поделиться сообщением

I would like to read polish but i hardly understand it.

One more question. Is d-sub connection ok? http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/wiki/?min...als%C2%A0<br here is some other connection, from d-sub goes from pins 2 and 3 to max232, on that scheme u gave me it is completely different. Maybe that could be problem? Do you mean i should use 2-Tx 3-Rx on d-sub or J4?

I see now that my IC is max232N , is it same as max232?

Поделиться сообщением

Thanks for this link. But this about RTL8181.

i was discover pins on JP4 by tester from RTL8186 chip to JP4. See RTL8186 datasheet for defining pins and discover assignment them at jp4.

I mean max232N is same as max232

Поделиться сообщением

I found datasheet, but cant resolve tx and rx pins because on board from J4 goes under chip so i cant see where are they connected.

I tried to register on online.pl, but registration failed, dunno why, but i saw that someone mantioned jtag there and he got no reply, i guess no working solution till now yet.

Thanks for all your replies, if you find anything post here. So far i am out of the ideas, i tried everything i could think off.

Поделиться сообщением

OK , done that, first pin ( the most close to back of ap) matches VDD33 , second - USIN0 , third - USOUT0 , and fourth is GND.

I connected again, using that first pin as power for max232 and nothing again.

I noticed when i change pins 9 and 10 for tx and rx my computer extremely slows down, dunno if that means anything.

Поделиться сообщением

And if bootloader crashed there is nothing i can do?

And is it posible that happened by uploading firmware? I thought bootloader and firmware are not related.

Поделиться сообщением

Hm, and does anyone knows any link to jtag scheme, and how to connect it to 5460.

Here http://www.amelek.gda.pl/rtl8181/jtag/ i found some scheme, it says its not tested for writing for 8186, but couldnt find any contact to ask for advice how to connect it to 5460.

Поделиться сообщением

Imlek

Some times ago i'm repair D-link G700 with broken bootloader (D-link G700 is based on RTL8186 too - as a WL5460).

But as you noy - you do not have any JTAG connectors on your WL5460 :(

You may connect JTAG cable directly to CPU:

pin 33 - JTAG_TDI

pin 8 - JTAG_TMS

pin 146 - JTAG_TRSTN

pin 116 - JTAG_TDO

TCK is pin 145 (shared with WLAN LED 1)

Next, you build JTAG cable (shematic from http://www.xilinx.com/support/programr/jtag_cable.pdf)

Next - build JTAG software for MIPS CPU : at first download, build and install headers from http://openwince.sourceforge.net/include/, next - software from http://www.amelek.gda.pl/rtl8181/jtag/

Some problems i have with long cable length - that's why build cable as short as possible (anothe cable shematic insude software link - may be more stability ?)

Next - run software, AFTER THAT - connect cable to LPT !

And try to repair (my repair log is at http://rtl8186.net.zp.ua/jtag/jtag-list.txt, JTAG forum is at http://midge.vlad.org.ua/forum/viewtopic.p...f4f86f2f6440be)

Bootloader i'm upload today at evening and get you link - wait (and prepare software, cable, etc.)

Поделиться сообщением

Uhh.. dont forget to ENABLE JTAG by pulling up CPU pin 147 (i'm pullin by 1Kom resistor from pin 147 to +3.3V). And don't forget to remove it after repair.

Поделиться сообщением

Я вот недавно столкнулся с OvisLink 5460, проблема в том, что ТД в режиме клиента при сильном сигнале на антенне виснет во время загрузки, когда отключаю антенну или ставлю маленькую (из комплекта) грузится нормально и быстро. Еще когда делаю Site Survey в 4 из 5 случаев виснет.

Хороший друг попросил разобраться, посоветуйте господа что делать, какую прошивку залить чтоб в режиме клиента без боков работало.

Родная прошивка v3.2.1.17.9eu.

Спасибо!

Поделиться сообщением

Ok, here is what i done. I had to change line:

cable ppdev /dev/parport0 DLC5 to WIGGLER instead off DLC5, but after that it reacted to "detect" command. I done detectflash 0x3fc00000, that was like yours.

After that i done flashmem 0x3fc00000 /clock_fix.bin

All whent ok, instead of yours 0x3fc048D8, mine was 0x3fc0497a, dunno if that means anything.

After that i done that 2 readmem commands, all went fine.

But after poweroff, and removing jtag, router reacted same as before, only power led was on. Didnt react to new bootloader at all.

What should i do next? Should i try to put whole flash? That is goin to take ages so i will wait for yours advice. Dunno if command should be the same, flashmem, as i dont know what 0x3fc00000 address means, should i flash it to that address ? Or maybe erase whole flash, than just put bootloader, i dont know, please give me some tip.

edit: I forgot to mention, after detect command, 5-th led from left lights with red color, is it ok?

Поделиться сообщением

I had no other idea so i decided to put whole flash. I did flashmem 0x3fc00000 with 1.2 flash, and lol, went to sleep. It took 6 hours to complete. But no results, power led light on, and lan led working only.

I am stuck now, i'll wait to see if you have some advice about next move, thanks.

Поделиться сообщением

Imlek, what type of bootloader you write ? Check first 4 bytes - if in editor you see 'BOOT' string at the begining of your boot file - you write wrong type of bootloader !

You file size mast be near 18K, first 4 bytes must be NOT 'BOOT' !

If you see 'BOOT' string - you may compile bootloder from SDK - or - cut your file WITHOUT first 16 bytes (RTL downloadable files consist 16-bytes header, that containt some information about file type, size, flash write start, etc). You must delete this record (first 16 bytes) - or : seek in internet RTL8186 SDK (may be ffrom http://online.pl/pages/rtl8186/bootloader/ - WL5460AP-SDK.zip) and compile your bootloader (after compiling may created file 'boot' - without extension)

Поделиться сообщением

Ok, im read - you write clock_fix.bin from online.pl.

It really containt RTK header.

You wrong - you must delete from it first 16 bytes or compile you own (i'm compile it and write to flash).

Sorry - now i have not ability to compile it for you - may be only evening. All sdk i hve only at home - and computer is powered off :(

Поделиться сообщением

Поделиться сообщением

I looked with hex editor and yes, it does show BOOT first. What are 16 bytes to delete? 42 4f 4f 54 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 49 6a 0f f0 00 3b 00 00 00 00 00 00 40 21 40 88 60 00 00 00 00 00 3c 08 88 88 3c 09 bd 01 35 29 10 04 this is beginning, what should i delete? Cant figure out what bytes are here, 42 should be like 8 bits? One byte?

Поделиться сообщением

WOOOOOW, it is strange how a man can be happy when no more Request timeouts in console!!!

I removed first line from bootloader, and after powercicle finaly red led was lit. After that 5460recovery procedure, and it worked. AP alive again.

I cant thank you enough for your help guys, i owe you some beer :).

I still don't believe it worked after all those soldering on chip :).

I still didnt remove all those wires from chip, because i have one more problem.

I can upgrade to 3.2.1.3.8e, and 3.2.1.3.9eu, and APLite, and ital8186-modificado, but... i cant upgrade to newest v2 firmware. I can upgrade with Intermediate-firmware, then reboot, and when i sellect WL-5460AP-v2-E5-firmware (or E6), he uploads but says "Wrong File" or "invalid file" i cant remember now, and refuse to upgrade. Strange. Any tip on these problem?

Поделиться сообщением

I'm glad for you.

About the firmware - you may see some firrmwares at this forum - tread "RTL8186 firmwares". Any question about it - please on that thread.

Very glad to see you in our thread.

Поделиться сообщением